Best Village Community Council Groups
All Village/Community Councils, Youth Groups, Women’s Groups, Sporting and Cultural Organizations are invited to participate in any of the categories. To be considered for the Overall Champion of the Prime Minister's Best Village Trophy Competition, groups must compete in a minimum of six (6) categories.
Each Village/Community Council, Youth Groups, Women’s Groups, Sporting and Cultural Group must be a properly constituted organization with an elected executive structure. Before entering the competition the organization must possess a banking account with a recognized commercial bank, with evidence of at least three (3) authorizing signatories. All documents must be submitted to Head Office through the District Offices. Entry Forms must be submitted two (2) weeks before the commencement date for competition in each category.
Each Village/Community Council, Youth Groups, Women’s Groups, Sporting and Cultural Group on entering the competition must elect an Organizing Committee with Sub-Committees to organize the various categories.
Each Village/Community Council, Youth Groups, Women’s Groups, Sporting and Cultural Group will be responsible for ensuring that no individual from their group participates with any other Village/Community Council, Sporting or Cultural Group in the competition. Failure to do so, would risk disqualification of the individual or group from participating in the competition.
The group with the highest composite score from its participation in the various categories of the Prime Minister’s Best Village Trophy Competition will emerge Overall Champion, with the proviso that the group must participate in a minimum of six (6) competitive categories.
The competition is divided into eight (8) competitive categories and one (1) non-competitive category: -
- Category I: Village Olympics; - (206.79KB Adobe PDF)
- Category II: Environment and Sanitation; - (129.85KB Adobe PDF)
- Category III: National Handicraft; - (105.76KB Adobe PDF)
- Category IV: Food and Folk Fair; - (103.68KB Adobe PDF)
- Category V: La Reine Rive (Miss Best Village); - (118.07KB Adobe PDF)
- Category VI: Folk Theatre/ Folk Presentations; - (187.16KB Adobe PDF)
- Category VII: Village Chat/ Short Stories (Folk Tales) and Poetry; - (148.43KB Adobe PDF)
- Category VIII: Traditions of Carnival; - (157.17KB Adobe PDF)
- Category IX: Junior Best Village (Non-Competitive); - (123.51KB Adobe PDF)
The competition will be organized at District level. There are eleven (11) Districts: -
- St. George East
- St. George West
- St. Andrew/St. David
- Victoria East
- Victoria West
- St. Patrick East
- St. Patrick West
- Caroni North
- Caroni South
- Tobago (Leeward and Windward)