Community Action for Revival and Empowerment (C.A.R.E)
The Ministry of Community Development is pleased to have been given the responsibility for the Community Action for Revival and Empowerment Programme and the administering of the CARE Fund. The CARE is truly a people-oriented social programme. It responds to proposals on critical community intervention projects which are developed to address the basic needs and development aspirations of communities.
Examples of these projects are:
- Training /skills development
- Employment and income generation projects
- Physical infrastructural projects
- Social infrastructural projects such as Family Life education and adolescent/young adults development programmes
Every effort is made by the Ministry to ensure equitable access to this programme from the communities in the eight (8) administrative districts throughout Trinidad, viz, St Andrew/St David, Nariva/Mayaro, Victoria East and West, St. Patrick, Caroni, St George East, St. George West.
How Will I know That My Proposal Has Been Accepted?
- As a first step, the Community Development Officers will gather all relevant information on the project for submission to the CARE Committee in the Ministry. If necessary, site visits and further consultations will be held.
- Groups will be contacted through the Secretary to the CARE Committee to advise of approvals made by the Minister.
- In some instances, several groups may be contacted for a cheque distribution ceremony hosted by the Minister of Community Development.
Is There any Follow up?
- The officers in the Community Development Division will monitor implementation of projects so as to ensure that the maximum social benefit is achieved as well as value for money invested.
How to Apply:
- Registered groups in communities can bring forward their projects to the Community Development Officers in the respective Districts.
- Projects can be submitted through other Government agencies.
- Projects can be submitted through Parliamentary representatives, NGOs and CBOs.
CARE Committee at the Ministry’s Head Office, the address is:
Ministry of Community Development
Corner Jerningham Avenue and Queens Park East,
Port of Spain
Phone: 623-7032, 625-3112 ext 121