Rules and Regulations
- Items must be properly researched before presentation.
- All items must be traditional
- Dance presentations must comprise a minimum of six (6) persons.
- A specific time limit of four (4) minutes per item (except in the ole mas where bands have been allotted eight (8) minutes to make presentation. One average point per minute of fraction thereof will be deducted for overtime.
- Lewd, vulgar movements and lyrics will not be accepted.
- Any performance breaching the above rules will be stopped and could result in possible disqualification.
- Chutney Soca Dances must be restricted to local chutney music only.
- A group will be disqualified if anyone of its members is identified as having performed with another Group in either Preliminaries or Finals in Traditions of Carnival.
- The Judges’ decision is final.
Parade of Teams
- Teams must be assembled at 10:15 a.m. sharp. Points will be deducted for late arrivals. One (1) point for every minute late will be deducted from the team’s total average points.
- ONLY local music is allowed to accompany the team’s presentation. NO FOREIGN MUSIC. Five (5) points will be deducted from the team’s total average points for use of foreign music. The Organizers will not be responsible for any malfunctioning of a CD used during the team’s display presentation. All teams are required to have their music checked by the Sound Engineer (Zemog Entertainment) at the venue before 10:15 a.m.
- Each team will be allowed four (4) minutes for cultural display and “salute (eyes right)”. The timing begins at the commencement of the “Display” and ends as the ‘last’ member of the team passes the saluting base.
- The distance for a group’s presentation of display will be 55 metres for marching and 55 metres for display. A band and sound system will be available. The band is compulsory for the “Marching” segment of the Parade.
Parade of Teams – Point System:
- Punctuality 10 points
- Uniformity 15 points
- Impact 15 points
- Display 30 points
- Marching 30 points
Five (5) points will be deducted per minute or fraction of a minute for teams exceeding the four (4) minutes for their display